Department: Technology Acquisitions
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We are independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when our employees flourish personally and professionally. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a technical architect in the Technology Acquisitions practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing technology landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted program advisor, providing subject matter expertise, and connecting the dots for our clients.
Serving as a technical architect, your day-to-day role will include responsibility for budget, vendor, and technical team management and serving as the technical lead for all projects within the program. This position will work with vendors and project staff in the context of an agile development environment to support current and future needs of the client.
- Serve as Scrum master on multiple teams within the program.
- Plan, organize, and direct the design and implementation of the enterprise architecture components, platforms, hardware, and software.
- Take a leadership role in the architecture governance process.
- Assist in leading, participate in, and document requirements meetings.
- Oversee vendors conducting analysis and design activities, including development of 1) “as-is” analysis artifacts; 2) future operational models and “to-be” artifacts; 3) future data and architectural models; 4) roadmap; 5) NPS costs; and 6) staffing needs for implementation of those models.
- Provide architectural leadership for all projects and help manage selected vendors during implementation, mainframe migration, and development of accompanying online services projects.
- Adhere to vendor management standards and processes, including reviewing and ensuring the quality of contractor deliverables.
- Develop and maintain all IT architecture plans and diagrams.
- Develop procurement materials for architectural components of the projects.
- Coordinate the work of IT staff across multiple project and operational teams.
- Develop and implement quality assurance measures for managing all testing activities within sprint iterations among scrum development teams.
- Assist other units to promote conformance with and support for program and architecture objectives.
- Experience leading IT teams in programs and projects with significant IT modernization and organizational transformation goals.
- Experience helping to develop, execute, and monitor project plans, including scope, schedule, budget, resources, risk management, quality management, and communications plans.
- Experience in vendor and contract management.
- Experience in transforming functional and nonfunctional requirements into enterprise architectural and solution designs.
- Experience reviewing and recommending solution architectures and system designs.
- Experience implementing Agile development processes in a transition from waterfall development practices.
- Experience with NYS procurement, including the development of procurement materials.
- Demonstrated ability to align architectural and technical project work with strategic IT technology goals and to create actionable tasks that move an organization toward those goals.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and six years of experience as an IT project architectural and technical lead, with at least three years related to modernization technical projects. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments and has a passion to develop solutions for clients, we want to hear from you.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.