NYSTEC has a job opening for a procurement counselor. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $60334 – $65000 Per Year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Procurement Counselor
As a procurement counselor for the Empire APEX Accelerator in our Innovation and Entrepreneurship Practice area, you will assist companies in developing a business strategy to initiate or expand government sales in the North Country, Capital, Mid-Hudson, and Mohawk Valley regions in Upstate New York.
Key Responsibilities: Procurement Counselor
Overall, in the role of procurement counselor, you will:
- Counsel firms on government procurement in accordance with federal, state, local and military requirements.
- Conduct record keeping in APEX’s custom software related to all APEX clients’ counseling and outreach events to comply with the U.S. Department of Defense Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) cooperative agreement.
- Assist with the implementation of outreach to the appropriate categories of business related to APEX events.
- Assist with developing marketing strategies to APEX members and outreach to non-member firms.
- Participate in creating plans to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the APEX Program.
- Conduct formal presentations for external constituents and decision-makers involved in economic development, promoting APEX as a resource for qualified contractors/subcontractors.
- Work as an active member of the APEX team to develop and implement a strategy to increase government contracts awarded to area firms.
Required Qualifications: Procurement Counselor
Candidates applying for the role of procurement counselor should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- One-year of experience in government procurement with either a commercial business or a government agency.
- Experience counseling businesses to increase their profitability by increasing revenues or decreasing costs.
- Ability to conduct market research and to develop a basic marketing strategy specific to individual clients.
- Ability to build relationships with government agency representatives to assist companies in obtaining certifications.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet goals within budget and time constraints.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and government business software applications.
- Must be willing to travel to the 30-county coverage area in the North Country, Capital, Mid-Hudson, and Mohawk Valley regions in Upstate New York and outside for special programs and/or training.
Education and Experience: Procurement Counselor
For the procurement counselor role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and one year of experience as noted above. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.