Department: Human Resources
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a human resources business partner at NYSTEC, you will partner with all levels of leadership in support of NYSTEC’s vision to be the trusted advisor, partner, and employer of choice. You will champion our culture, which emphasizes empowerment, diversity, equity, inclusion, and goal attainment. You will partner with the HR Community of Excellence (COE) teams to align strategic business objectives with people processes and initiatives and to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Understand the business and the teams you support and make proactive recommendations on talent-related issues and initiatives.
- Collaborate with management and COEs to develop and implement people-focused solutions across culture; engagement; diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); training and development; recruitment; and shared services at the business unit or division level.
- Coach leaders at all levels of the organization on best practices around employee engagement, communication, and performance management.
- Consult with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, attempting to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach.
- Consult on compensation matters, including preparing and maintaining job classifications and salary scales.
- Demonstrate the NYSTEC Core Values and Behaviors and champion them among colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and Application: Exhibits advanced, wide-ranging experience in employee relations, performance management, and compensation, using in-depth human resources knowledge, acumen, concepts, and company objectives to develop, resolve complex models and procedures. Provides solutions to issues in creative and effective ways. Understands the interrelationships of different disciplines. Directs the application of existing principles and guides the development of new policies and initiatives.
- Complexity and Problem Solving: Understands and works on complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, adapting complex techniques, and evaluating criteria for obtaining results. Work is reviewed upon completion and is consistent with departmental objectives.
- Collaboration and Interaction: Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Adapts style and uses persuasion in delivering messages that relate to the wider firm business. Frequently advises others on complex matters. May be accountable through team for delivery of tactical business targets.
- Proficient in Windows operating environment using Microsoft Office applications, email, and internet programs. Adept at using applicant tracking systems (ATS) and human resource management (HRM) tools and applications for the gathering and reporting on data.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resources, and eight years of relative experience. Experience working in consulting or professional services is highly desirable. Certified professional in human resources (PHR) or certified senior professional in human resources (SPHR) certification. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.