NYSTEC has a job opening for a consultant- strategic planning analyst. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Health Management Technology
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $58577 – $80544
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral. In other words, we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Consultant- Strategic Planning Analyst
As a consultant- strategic planning analyst in the Health Management Technology practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing healthcare landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted program advisor, providing subject matter expertise, and connecting the dots for our clients.
Serving as a consultant- strategic planning analyst your day-to-day role as a NYSTEC consultant will include supporting clients seeking federal funding for health information technology (HIT) projects by planning for and developing funding requests.
Key Responsibilities: Consultant- Strategic Planning Analyst
Overall, in the role of consultant- strategic planning analyst, you will:
- Advise clients on an overall HIT federal funding strategy through an awareness of existing and planned New York State HIT initiatives, as well as those of other states; in addition to relevant legislation, policy, and guidance.
- Facilitate client and stakeholder meetings to present new federal guidance and impacts to the current NYS HIT strategy, gather input for and feedback on HIT funding proposals, and develop strategic approaches to advise clients on how to maximize and plan for the long-term maintenance of federal funding.
- Identify, analyze, and apply relevant policies and environmental factors to define and assess options and to make recommendations for funding strategies.
Required Qualifications: Consultant- Strategic Planning Analyst
Candidates applying for the role of consultant- strategic planning analyst should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- HIT knowledge and experience.
- Experience managing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with clients and stakeholder groups to understand scope and budgetary requirements.
- Ability to work independently and develop solutions to complex problems as part of a strategic team.
- Ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer focus.
- Strong documentation, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Consultant- Strategic Planning Analyst
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the consultant- strategic planning analyst role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Familiarity with grant writing, advance planning documents, and/or the acquisition of federal funding to support health and human services.
Education and Experience: Consultant- Strategic Planning Analyst
For the consultant- strategic planning analyst, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience in the health information technology field.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience may be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.