Department: Technology Acquisitions
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a technical business analyst, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted advisor, partner of choice, and employer of choice. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to deliver exceptional service that empowers client success!
The technical business analyst operates much like a solution architect or systems analyst. Your day-to-day role will include assisting clients with improving business operations by acquiring and implementing new information technology for their enterprise. This may include several different activities within the enterprise—from helping to establish IT governance and business alignment to building requirements and solution specifications.
Develop solution designs based on an understanding of the client’s technology assets and gaps and documenting all facets of a technology solution.
Build structural designs that address functional and nonfunctional requirements.
Develop user stories/requirements that define the project business objectives.
Stock/groom the product backlog in an agile development environment or, depending on the project structure, a similar requirements bank.
Produce deliverables, which may include comprehensive IT assessments; detailed documentation of requirements; business process documentation; business process flows; data architectures and extract, transform, load (ETL) solutions; test plans and results; and evaluation and acceptance criteria.
- Experience developing, testing, deploying, and/or maintaining enterprise IT systems (financial, case management, enterprise resource planning [ERP], etc.).
- Experience developing data dictionaries, data architectures, data migrations, and data ecosystems.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis.
- Knowledge in creating processing diagrams, including “to-be” and current state analysis.
- Knowledge in performing detailed analysis of software/systems.
- Knowledge in developing mock-ups and wireframes.
- Knowledge in using design tools (e.g., Axure).
- Knowledge in designing system/software and data models.
- Knowledge in creating entity relationship diagrams (ERDs).
- Knowledge in leading joint application development (JAD) sessions.
- A bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in a business/technology setting. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered. We have multiple positions available at varying levels; these are the minimum qualifications for consideration.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, providing support to customers, and you have the required education, experience, and skills, we want to hear from you.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.