Department: Population Health Strategy – A
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a strategic planning analyst in the Population Health – Information Exchange and Interoperability practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing healthcare landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted program advisor, providing subject matter expertise and connecting the dots for our clients.
Serving as a strategic planning analyst, your day-to-day role will include supporting strategic planning projects for our clients, partners, and stakeholders—primarily by applying oversight, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. As a consultant, you will have the ability to work independently or within a team to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Perform project management responsibilities in support of a project lead.
- Perform organizational and environmental analyses and identify political, policy, economic, technological, and social impacts.
- Use various methods to document and analyze client needs, to identify opportunities to meet those needs given both internal and external landscapes.
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions and document outputs and materials.
- Develop current-state assessments.
- Perform feasibility analyses.
- Develop visualizations to assist the client in understanding the project approach, complex concepts, and project status.
- Develop recommendations and strategic approaches/implementation roadmaps to improve clients’ processes, to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, including Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience using Smartsheet or similar project management tools.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders and to understand their needs through excellent listening and effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer focus.
- Experience in the public sector/state government—particularly public health—or elsewhere in the public health landscape.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in strategic planning, business analysis, or change management methodologies and best practices.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience in project management and strategic planning. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments and has a passion to develop solutions for clients, we want to hear from you.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.