Department: Information Security
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a Statistician in the Information Security practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing healthcare landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted program advisor, providing subject matter expertise, and connecting the dots for our clients. NYSTEC has consulted on some of the largest Medicaid initiatives and served in various roles across a multitude of New York State healthcare technology systems.
Serving as a Statistician, your day-to-day role as a NYSTEC consultant will include developing and managing an environment to perform statistical analyses necessary to support our client’s de-identification program.
- Manage relationships with key analytics, research, and technology teams.
- Standardize related technology tools and methods.
- Develop expertise in statistical disclosure.
- Work with data scientists, researchers, and business leaders to develop methods for statistical disclosure.
- Catalog and assess mitigating controls.
- Focus on developing business opportunities, enterprise stewardship, and insight.
- Develop quality processes, guides, and operational work products.
- Experience with health data analytics or medical informatics.
- Proven experience with account, vendor, or stakeholder management.
- Experience in project management, technology, and/or business.
- Comprehensive expertise with IT tools, methods, and processes supporting the creation of de-identified data or research cohorts.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical analysis methods, capabilities, and software.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and industry regulations (General Data Protection Regulation [GDRP], Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA], etc.), standards, and frameworks.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus, and influence.
- History of success and a desire to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic and facilitative skill set.
- Formal de-identification training or certification.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience in health data analytics or medical informatics, five years of account, vendor, or stakeholder management, and three years of project management experience. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, providing support to customers, and you have the required education, experience, and skills, we want to hear from you.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.