Department: Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a social media and community manager for IgniteU in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing landscape. At NYSTEC, we have a vested interest in developing the communities in which we live and serve. Through our leadership and innovation initiative, we support the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem by encouraging technology transfer, technology commercialization, and new ventures. IgniteU hosts early accelerator programs, entrepreneurial education programs, and pop-up events that showcase innovative industry trends.
Serving as a social media & community manager, your day-to-day role as a NYSTEC consultant will include managing administrative functions; creating and promoting social media content; planning events, building programming, program management, community engagement, and communication.
- Plan, develop, and implement social media strategies and campaigns in line with IgniteU NY’s overall objectives.
- Manage and execute organic social media campaigns that integrate various social media platforms, with a focus on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Provide relevant and compelling content, including writing, or developing media (short videos, Instagram stories, live tweets for events, and infographics) and maintaining a content/editorial calendar.
- Track and evaluate social media metrics; monitor and report on relevant conversations around IgniteU NY and the entrepreneurship industry.
- Attend events with the intent of developing photo, video, and written social media content live/on-the-spot and for future use on social media and other channels.
- Work with the entrepreneur in residence (EIR) to oversee day-to-day operations and office/program logistics.
- Manage administrative functions, such as creating program materials, maintaining up to date participant databases, managing the logistics for the program calendar, and updating social media and website.
- Develop and track quality, operational, and customer success metrics.
- Assist with planning, developing, and executing IgniteU programing throughout NYS, including funding and budgeting, marketing, operations, and tracking metrics.
- Work with the IgniteU team to help sustain and build the entrepreneurial ecosystem in NYS by:
- Cultivating and developing key partnerships among industry, academia, and state agencies.
- Collaborating with incubators, accelerators, startups, and other entrepreneurial support programs.
- Using your network to build out a strong mentor network to support program startup teams.
- Attend and participate in regional entrepreneurial events and promote IgniteU NY throughout NYS.
- Ability to build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders using diplomatic communication techniques while maintaining a positive customer focus and attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill and the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work varied hours, including nights and weekends, as needed to provide event support.
- Experience creating and iterating business plans in response to changing business objectives and market trends.
- Experience planning, developing, and implementing social media strategies and campaigns.
- Experience managing and executing organic social media campaigns that integrate various social media platforms with a focus on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Experience creating compelling content, including writing or developing media (short videos, Instagram stories, live tweets for events, and infographics) and maintaining a content/editorial calendar.
- Clear understanding of how to track and evaluate social media metrics.
- Strong and practical expertise in conceptualizing and producing quality digital media content, including video, photograph, and podcast, for a variety of platforms, including website and social media.
- For this role, travel is required at least 20% of the time.
- Experience working with entrepreneurship centers/incubators/accelerators.
- Experience in or with venture capital, private equity, or commercialization.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a leadership role with an early stage or growth business for which you played a pivotal role in creating or founding. An equivalent combination of advanced training, education, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments and has a passion to develop solutions for clients, we want to hear from you.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.