NYSTEC has a job opening for a SharePoint administrator. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Information Technology
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $77,469 – $106,520 Per Year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the SharePoint Administrator Role
As a SharePoint administrator in the information technology (IT) department, you will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and administration of our enterprise SharePoint environment. The position will engage with internal company stakeholders to conduct needs assessments and then architect, design, and implement SharePoint solutions.
Serving as a SharePoint administrator, your day-to-day role will include managing NYSTEC’s Smartsheet implementation, including user licenses and permissions, core Smartsheet objects (project plan templates, forms, automation flows, reports, dashboards, and Smartsheet integrations [PowerBI, Tableau, etc.])
Key Responsibilities: SharePoint Administrator
Overall, in the role of SharePoint administrator, you will:
- Manage and monitor all aspects of SharePoint Online, with a heavy emphasis on troubleshooting service desk tickets.
- Work with the Information Technology Operations team to maintain optimal uptime and performance.
- Work with the Corporate Information Security and Legal and Compliance teams to ensure that the integrity and security of SharePoint data is in accordance with business needs and industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Work closely with the Information Technology team in delivering executive level presentations related to NYSTEC’s roadmap, strategy, and ongoing initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce SharePoint Online governance policies.
- Assist with the design, deployment, and overall architecture of SharePoint sites.
- Work with end users to troubleshoot and resolve issues within SharePoint and related applications (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner, etc.).
- Perform proactive maintenance by regularly auditing, updating, and fixing SharePoint data (ensuring quality) and regularly managing and auditing SharePoint permissions. Provide support for regular user access reviews in conjunction with the Corporate Information Security team.
- Manage Microsoft 365 groups, including creating, deleting, and restoring groups, and changing group owners.
- Implement database integration, reporting, and analytics solutions to be integrated with SharePoint Online.
- Manage and monitor all aspects of Smartsheet, including but not limited to user management (licenses and permissions), application performance monitoring (availability and utilization), system upgrades, and integration (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.).
- Develop core Smartsheet objects (project plan templates, forms, automation flows, reports, and dashboards).
- Work with NYSTEC’s training team to develop materials for SharePoint Online and Smartsheet and to provide ongoing training support to users, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications: SharePoint Administrator
Candidates applying for the role of SharePoint administrator should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Knowledge and Application: Develops professional expertise and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues. Determines a course of action based on guidelines and modifies processes and methods as required.
- Complexity and Problem Solving: Works on problems of moderate scope that are often varied and routine where the analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Applies learned techniques and contributes to analysis and investigation to solve problems. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Collaboration and Interaction: Builds productive internal/external working relationships to resolve mutual problems by collaborating on procedures or transactions. Focuses on providing standard professional advice and creating initial reports/analyses for review by experienced team professionals.
- Strong understanding of SharePoint administration (includes SharePoint Online and troubleshooting) with special attention on performance, scalability, reliability, and availability in a virtual environment.
- Proven information architecture skills, specifically related to SharePoint Online data capabilities, along with a thorough understanding of inter-relationships between content types, shared columns, search, navigation, information management policies, governance, and other data-related facets of an enterprise SharePoint implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint Central Administration, service applications, and site collection settings.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating systems, as well as SQL Server, PowerShell, and Office 365.
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, PowerBI, and Power Virtual Agents).
- Understands NYSTEC’s mission, brand mindsets, and core values and can put the behaviors into practice.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: SharePoint Administrator
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the SharePoint administrator role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSA): Enterprise Administrator Expert.
Education and Experience: SharePoint Administrator
For the SharePoint administrator, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a professional specialty — preferably in computer science or a similar discipline — and three years of relevant experience.
A combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact HR-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform this job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
Interested in NYSTEC’s culture and values? Find out what it’s like to be a NYSTECer.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.