Department: Information Security
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a senior privacy compliance analyst in the Information Security practice, you will collaborate closely with team members to support our clients in today’s rapidly evolving privacy landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted program advisor, providing subject matter expertise, and connecting the dots for our clients. Serving as a senior privacy compliance analyst, your day-to-day role will support the privacy requirements of the New York State Medicaid Program.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for privacy and regulatory compliance and a deep knowledge of HIPAA, as well as New York State and federal privacy laws and regulations. As a senior privacy consultant, you will work both independently and with teams to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Manage data use and business associate agreements.
- Responsibility for official program correspondence pertaining to Medicaid privacy and data sharing activities.
- Analyze system requirements and documentation for privacy implications.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders from across our client community.
- Strong analytic capabilities and exemplary skills in stakeholder relationship development and management.
- Exceptional privacy knowledge and experience.
- General information security knowledge.
- New York State and federal health policy experience.
- Experience with New York State Department of Health programs.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer focus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Security and privacy certifications from accredited organizations, such as ISC2 or IAPP.
- Knowledge of the New York State Medicaid Program, its systems, data, and uses.
- Expertise in public health, health information, or security and privacy policies and standards, such as NIST 800-53 and CMS ARS.
- Master’s degree, Juris Doctor.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience in privacy, law, or healthcare policy. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments and has a passion to develop solutions for clients, we want to hear from you.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com