NYSTEC has a job opening for a senior consultant – technical business analyst. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Info Exchange & Data Insights
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $77469 – $106520
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Senior Consultant – Technical Business Analyst Role
As a technical business analyst in the Population Health – Information Exchange and Data Insights practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing healthcare landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted advisor, providing subject matter expertise and connecting the dots for our clients. NYSTEC has consulted on some of the largest Medicaid initiatives and served in various roles across a multitude of New York State healthcare technology systems.
Serving as a business analyst, your day-to-day role as a NYSTEC consultant will include supporting healthcare technology initiatives for our clients, partners, and stakeholders — primarily through applying strong business analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to our healthcare project(s).
Key Responsibilities: Senior Consultant – Technical Business Analyst
Overall, in the role of senior consultant – technical business analyst, you will:
- Developing recommendations and implementation roadmaps to improve clients’ processes, to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Documenting user stories/requirements that define the projects’ business objectives.
- Eliciting and documenting business requirements.
- Performing analyses and constructing scope statements, business requirements, use cases, business process flows, and implementation needs to support the desired end state.
- Anticipating and communicating issues/risks.
- Exhibiting strong writing, documentation, communication, and analytical skills to meet project goals.
- Developing current-state assessments.
Required Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Technical Business Analyst
Candidates applying for the role of senior consultant – technical business analyst should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders and to understand their needs through excellent listening and effective written and verbal communication.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Technical Business Analyst
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the senior consultant – technical business analyst role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Master’s degree in a business, technical, scientific, or related discipline.
- Experience with health information technology projects.
- Experience with system development life cycle (SDLC) activities to manage, plan, design, implement, test, and deliver information systems and strategies.
- Experience with cloud technologies including AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
Education and Experience: Senior Consultant – Technical Business Analyst
For the senior consultant – technical business analyst, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience.
A combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact HR-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform this job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.