NYSTEC has a job opening for a senior consultant – systems analyst. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Technology Acquisitions
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $77,469 – $106,520 per year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and we are vendor neutral. In other words, we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Senior Consultant – Systems Analyst Role
The systems analyst operates much like a solution architect or technical business analyst. Specifically, your day-to-day role will include helping clients improve business operations complemented by acquiring and implementing new information technology. This may include several different activities within the enterprise, from helping to establish IT governance and business alignment, to building requirements and solution specifications.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Consultant – Systems Analyst
Overall, in the role of senior consultant – systems analyst, you will:
- Develop solution designs and an understanding our client’s technology assets and gaps; document all facets of a technology solution.
- Build structural designs that address functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Develop user stories/requirements that define the project business objectives.
- Stock/groom the product backlog in an agile development environment or, depending on project structure, a similar requirements bank.
- Produce deliverables that may include comprehensive IT assessments; detailed documentation of requirements; business process documentation; business process flows; data architectures and extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions; test plans and results; and evaluation and acceptance criteria.
Required Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Systems Analyst
Candidates applying for the role of senior consultant – systems analyst should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Systems Analyst
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the senior consultant – systems analyst role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Experience developing, testing, deploying, and/or maintaining enterprise IT systems (e.g., financial, case management, enterprise resource planning [ERP]).
- Experience developing data dictionaries, data architectures, data migrations, and data ecosystems.
- Knowledge creating processing diagrams, including “as-is” and “to-be” analyses.
- Knowledge performing detailed analysis of software/systems.
- Knowledge developing mock-ups and wireframes.
- Knowledge designing system/software and data models.
- Knowledge leading joint application development (JAD) sessions.
Education and Experience Required: Senior Consultant – Systems Analyst
For the senior consultant – systems analyst role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Seven years of related experience in a business/technology.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.