NYSTEC has a job opening for a senior consultant – senior data specialist. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Information Security
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $77469 – $106520
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral. In other words, we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Senior Consultant – Senior Data Specialist
As a senior consultant – senior data specialist in the Information Security and Privacy practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing healthcare landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted program advisor, providing subject matter expertise, and connecting the dots for our clients. NYSTEC has consulted on some of the largest Medicaid initiatives and served in various roles across a multitude of New York State healthcare technology systems.
Serving as a senior consultant – senior data specialist, your day-to-day role as a NYSTEC consultant will include:
- Providing risk and compliance management.
- Informing enterprise policy and procedure development.
- Working within de-identification frameworks and methodologies with related assessment assurance activities.
- Working with large data sets.
- Working closely with stakeholder’s and clients to develop and manage a critically important data sharing program.
- Understanding business program needs as necessary to balance with regulatory privacy and data sharing objectives.
- Developing and managing an environment to apply appropriate techniques and technology to support our client’s de-identification program.
The successful candidate will rely on exceptional interpersonal and communication stills to understand and balance business and regulatory needs. The candidate should also be motivated by doing important work to support the health and well-being of New Yorkers.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Consultant – Senior Data Specialist
Overall, in the role of senior consultant – senior data specialist, you will:
- Manage relationships with key analytics, research, and technology teams.
- Standardize related technology tools and methods.
- Develop expertise in statistical disclosure using appropriate frameworks and technologies.
- Work with data scientists, researchers, and business leaders to develop methods for statistical disclosure.
- Catalog and assess mitigating controls.
- Focus on developing business opportunities, enterprise stewardship, and insight.
- Develop quality processes, guides, and operational work products.
Required Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Senior Data Specialist
Candidates applying for the role of senior consultant – senior data specialist should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Experience with data science, data analytics, or privacy compliance.
- Proven experience with account, vendor, or stakeholder management.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Knowledge of de-identification frameworks and industry best practices and standards.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus, and influence cross-functional teams.
- History of success and a desire to drive results in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Senior Data Specialist
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the senior consultant – senior data specialist role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Formal de-identification training or similar certifications.
- Experience working with the NYS Medicaid program.
- Experience with Medicaid claims and encounter data.
Education and Experience: Senior Consultant – Senior Data Specialist
For the senior consultant – senior data specialist, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience in health data analytics or medical informatics; five years in account, vendor, or stakeholder management; and three years in project management.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience may be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.