NYSTEC has a job opening for a senior consultant – project manager. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Location: Washington D.C. Metro-Area
Salary: $79793 – $109716.2 Per Year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Senior Consultant – Project Manager
In this role, the project manager will work closely with NYSTEC’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship team to coordinate and implement various projects that are strategically aligned with federal agency initiatives. Additionally, the project manager will be responsible for driving process improvement initiatives, conducting data analysis, and providing insights to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented problem solver with strong analytical skills and a passion for driving process excellence.
This role will be located in the DC-Metro area.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Consultant – Project Manager Role
Overall, in the role of senior consultant – project manager, you will:
- Oversee project efforts to ensure that the project remains within scope, schedule, and cost.
- Support the design, development, delivery, and management of effective communications between the project team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with clients to identify stakeholders, conduct impact analyses, and assess the change readiness of key stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics.
- Inform and provide support for the development, delivery, and management of project objectives.
- Leverage evidence-based change management processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Apply a structured methodology to develop and lead the implementation of the change management plan.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams to effectively meet the needs of stakeholders and the project team.
Required Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Project Manager Role
Candidates applying for the role of senior consultant – project manager should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Ability to solve problems creatively and be self-motivated.
- Strong familiarity with project management methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Exceptional oral, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer focus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and influence stakeholders at various levels.
- Change management expertise to drive and support process changes while addressing resistance and ensuring successful adoption.
- Willingness to travel at various times.
- This role will require work within the Metro D.C. area.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Project Manager
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the senior consultant – project manager role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Project management professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with managing technical projects.
- Technology transfer and commercialization and small business knowledge.
- Experience working in organizational change management (OCM), training, and communication management on state or federal government technology initiatives.
- Certification in organizational change management from an Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) qualified education provider (QEP).
Education and Experience: Senior Consultant – Project Manager
For the senior consultant – project manager role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience in a business/technology field.
- The ideal candidate has an educational or professional background in a field related to change management and will be able to apply a consultative approach to developing and implementing effective change management strategies.
A combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact HR-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform this job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.