NYSTEC has a job opening for a senior consultant – project coordinator. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Technical Architecture & Communications Systems
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $77,469 – $106,520 per year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and we are vendor neutral. In other words, we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Senior Consultant – Project Coordinator Role
As a senior consultant – project coordinator in the Technical Architecture and Communications Systems (TACS) practice, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients as they carry out large-scale technology projects to meet their evolving business needs.
Specifically, your day-to-day role will include working with the project manager(s) to assist clients with improving business operations, complemented by the acquisition and implementation of new information technology for their agency. This may include several activities within the agency, from helping to determine strategy to assisting with requirements and procurements, conducting follow-on activities, and ensuring the successful deployment of new systems.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Consultant – Project Coordinator
In the role of senior consultant – project coordinator, you will assist the project manager(s) with the following activities:
- Determine and define project and task scope and objectives.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and, where appropriate, manage resources—either directly or indirectly—in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Maintain risks, actions, issues, and decisions (RAID) logs, ensure that due dates are achievable, track owners and stakeholders, and communicate status constantly and clearly
- Provide project updates to various stakeholders on a consistent basis about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Assist with the management of vendors by assigning tasks and by communicating—and, in some cases, reviewing—expected deliverables.
- Use industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout the entire project execution.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
Required Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Project Coordinator
Candidates applying for the senior consultant – project coordinator role should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Demonstrated experience of coordinating projects.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Familiarity with project management software tools (e.g., Microsoft Project, Smartsheets), methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and resourcefulness skills.
- Proven ability to complete tasks according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to manage and develop key relationships with colleagues and clients through collaborative thinking and a strong customer focus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Senior Consultant – Project Coordinator
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the senior consultant – project coordinator role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Project management professional (PMP) certification.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification.
- Experience implementing and managing voice and data communications systems.
- Experience in IP-based and wireless technologies in the public safety environment.
- Experience working with public safety/critical infrastructure stakeholders.
- Experience working with New York State and City agencies.
Education and Experience: Senior Consultant – Project Coordinator
For the senior consultant – project coordinator role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelors’ degree.
- Five years of related project coordination experience in a business/technology setting.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.