Department: Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Location: NYS, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
At NYSTEC, we have a vested interest in developing the communities in which we live and serve. Through our leadership and innovation initiative, we support the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem by encouraging technology transfer, technology commercialization, and new ventures. We are committed to providing space and supporting community collaboration, innovation, and open-campus collaboration. Our partners benefit from our strong network of government agencies, universities, diverse industry partners, and startups.
About the Role:
As a procurement counselor, you will work within NYSTEC’s IgniteU NY Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) to provide administration and counseling and to plan outreach events to assist companies in developing a business strategy to initiate or expand government sales in the Capital Region and upstate New York.
In this position, you will have the flexibility to work remotely.
- Counseling firms on government procurement in accordance with federal, state, local, and military requirements.
- Keeping records in the PTAC’s custom software, ensuring that all PTAC clients’ counseling and outreach events comply with the Defense Logic Agency (DLA) cooperative agreement.
- Assisting with outreach to the appropriate categories of business related to PTAC events.
- Assisting with marketing to PTAC members and outreach to nonmember firms.
- Assisting in the development of plans to comply with requirements to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the PTAC Program.
- Conducting formal presentations for external constituents and decision makers involved in economic development to promote the PTAC as a resource for qualified contractors/subcontractors.
- Being an active member of the PTAC team in developing and implementing a strategy to increase government contracts awarded to area firms.
- Experience in government procurement, with either a commercial business or a government agency.
- Proven experience counseling businesses to increase their profitability by increasing revenues or decreasing costs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and government business software applications.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and one year of related experience in government procurement. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments and has a passion to develop solutions for clients, we want to hear from you.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.