NYSTEC has a job opening for a marketing communications specialist. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Marketing Communication
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $77469 – $106520
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Marketing Communications Specialist
The marketing communications specialist is responsible for helping develop, edit, and finalize new business proposals; providing strong editorial, communication, and research support; and offering a wide array of marketing and communication services for the company.
This position provides outstanding service to both internal and external stakeholders. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for a defined set of assignments, including but not limited to technical and business writing, proposal management and development, ad hoc event promotion and support, ad hoc research, presentation development and support, and client deliverable reviews.
Key Responsibilities: Marketing Communications Specialist
Overall, in the role of marketing communications specialist, you will:
- Facilitate the proposal/competitive proposal process to drive the development of new business.
- Provide editorial support for proposals, reports, presentations, deliverables, and other content.
- Research markets, products, vendors, technology trends, and other topics as needed.
- Develop marketing and communication materials and provide additional support as needed.
Required Qualifications: Marketing Communications Specialist Role
Candidates applying for the role of marketing communications specialist should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Strong business and technical writing skills.
- Strong editorial and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, primarily Word, Outlook Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong project management skills. Ability to facilitate and manage projects, both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to write for different audiences in various styles and formats, including traditional reports, visually driven content, and business letters.
- Customer service focus; ability to foster strong client relationships and be highly responsive to client needs.
- Ability to plan and execute deliverables while thriving in a rapid-change environment under tight deadlines.
- Ability to juggle competing and changing priorities and stakeholders at all levels in the company.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours when work requires it.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Marketing Communications Specialist
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the marketing communications specialist role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Knowledge of public-sector federal, state, and local government environments.
- Ability to create marketing collateral and digital content.
Education and Experience: Marketing Communications Specialist
For the marketing communications specialist role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- At least five years of related experience is required.
- Prior experience with technical content generation in the professional services industry is preferred but not required.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact HR-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform this job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
Interested in NYSTEC’s culture and values? Find out what it’s like to be a NYSTECer.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.