Department: Population Health Strategy – A
Location: Albany, NY
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Role:
As a Data Analyst, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted advisor, partner of choice and employer of choice. We believe every interaction is an opportunity to deliver exceptional service that empowers client success!
Serving as a data analyst, you will be supporting healthcare technology initiatives for our clients, partners, and stakeholders by providing analytical expertise to evaluate clinical data across New York State.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, with strong skills in Excel.
- Experience working in a healthcare organization.
- Experience writing ad hoc queries in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with stakeholders and understand their needs through excellent listening and effective written and verbal communication.
- Experience using R, SAS, or Python.
- Experience using clinical data, provider data, and/or payer data to inform decision making.
- Experience with data quality analysis, data cleansing, or data profiling
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a business, technical, scientific, or related discipline with a minimum of three years of relevant experience. A Master’s degree in health informatics, public health, statistics, computer science, or a related discipline is preferred. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex, or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Employees are required to comply with NYSTEC’s Vaccination Policy and Prevention Plan. Our policy requires proof of vaccination status or agreeing to submit weekly COVID-19 tests via our ADP portal. New York City office employees and travelers are required to submit proof of vaccination or apply for a workplace accommodation request in accordance with NYC Emergency Executive Order No. 98.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn more about NYSTEC by visiting www.nystec.com.