NYSTEC has a job opening for a data analyst. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Business Intelligence
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $58577 – $80544 Per Year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We are independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Data Analyst Role
As a data analyst in the Business Intelligence department, you will be responsible for developing meaningful financial and resource reports that drive corporate strategic decisions, monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), and support project management monitoring.
Serving as a data analyst, your day-to-day role will include partnering with other departments/teams to provide financial and operational analysis — to explain how actions impact results, to help track project progress, and to suggest process improvements.
Key Responsibilities: Data Analyst
Overall, in the role of data analyst, you will:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of NYSTEC’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system (Unanet).
- Collaborate with the Finance team to provide reporting, data analysis, and general system support.
- Create and coordinate the preparation of financial, operational, and management reports by working closely with the controller, managers and directors.
- Retrieve and use data from the accounting system and other data sources to provide information on KPIs.
- Develop, coordinate the distribution of, and maintain reporting templates to report financial and operational information.
- Build, develop, and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards, and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and systems to develop strategies for enhancing or leveraging those processes and systems.
- Work directly with decision-makers and end users to understand, define, and document current and possible future reporting goals, needs, and requirements.
- Responsible for mockup, development, implementation, and training of internal customers requesting reporting needs.
- Collaborate with Unanet support team as needed.
- Creatively solve problems, propose solutions with minimal direction and exercise a high degree of confidentiality along with business needs assessments.
- Document processes related to standard reporting; prepare user manuals.
- Continuously evaluate ways to streamline and improve Finance department processes.
Required Qualifications: Data Analyst
Candidates applying for the role of data analyst should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Previous experience documenting technical report requirements; designing reports for performance, data quality, and simplicity/maintainability; and articulating trade-offs, as appropriate.
- Robust experience with reporting tools, software, and other applications (preferably PowerBI), including but not limited to:
- Retrieving, modeling, analyzing, summarizing, and visualizing data.
- Determining the best data and reporting application.
- Conceptualizing complex data flows and transformations.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (Refreshable Web Query [RWQ], advanced formulas, Power Query, etc.).
- Previous experience creatively solving problems, proposing solutions with minimal direction, and exercising a high degree of confidentiality along with business needs assessments.
- Basic understanding of financial statements, including Income Statements, balance sheets, profit/loss statements and cash flow statements.
Education and Experience Required: Data Analyst
For the data analyst role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology/systems, finance/accounting, math/statistics, or similar discipline and three years of related experience.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience willbe considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.