NYSTEC has a job opening for a data analyst. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Business Intelligence
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $67,364 – $92,626 per year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and we are vendor neutral. In other words, we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Data Analyst Role
As a data analyst, you will collaborate with team members to conceptualize, deliver, and support our clients through today’s ever-changing landscape. NYSTEC is considered a trusted advisor, partner of choice, and employer of choice. We believe that every interaction is an opportunity to deliver exceptional service that empowers client success!
The data analyst is responsible for developing meaningful financial and resource reports that drive corporate strategic decisions, monitor key performance indicators, and support project management monitoring. Specifically, your day-to-day role will include partnering with other departments/teams to provide financial and operational analysis to explain how actions impact results, to help track project progress, and to suggest process improvements.
Key Responsibilities: Data Analyst
Overall, in the role of data analyst, you will:
- Retrieve and use data from the accounting system and other data sources to provide information on key performance indicators.
- Develop, coordinate distribution, and maintain reporting templates to report financial and operational information.
- Build, develop, and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards, and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and systems, to develop strategies for enhancing or leveraging those procedures and systems.
- Provide reporting, data analysis, and general system support.
Required Qualifications: Data Analyst
Candidates applying for the role of data analyst should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (refreshable web query [RWQ]), Power Pivot, formulas, etc.).
- Practical knowledge on importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, and graphs.
- Strong programming and analysis skills; ability to conceptualize complex data flows/transformations.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and propose solutions with minimal direction.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: Data Analyst
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the data analyst role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Familiarity with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Basic understanding of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and cash flow statements.
- Familiarity with business intelligence (BI) tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.
Education and Experience Required: Data Analyst
For the data analyst role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology/systems, finance/accounting, math/statistics, or similar discipline.
- At least three years of related experience—five years preferred.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience willbe considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.