NYSTEC has a job opening for a consultant – IV&V analyst. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Department: Healthcare Management Services
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: $58577 – $80544
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. Our mission is to deliver extraordinary value through independent advisory services by understanding our clients’ needs and responding effectively to enable their success. We are independent and vendor neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart.
At NYSTEC, we succeed when our individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally.
About the Consultant – IV&V Analyst Role
As an independent verification and validation (IV&V) analyst in the Healthcare Management Services practice, you will primarily collaborate with business analysts, developers, and quality assurance (QA) counterparts to understand the requirements that lead to strategic test planning, to ensure thorough testing of entire systems.
Serving as an IV&V analyst, your day-to-day role as a NYSTEC consultant will include participating in client meetings, supporting the team as a system functionality subject matter expert, creating test plans, and prioritizing IV&V work and smoke testing during release deployment. Being a team player will be critical to your success in the role.
Key Responsibilities: IV&V Analyst Role
Overall, in the role of consultant – IV&V analyst, you will:
- Support the implementation of projects via thorough test planning, design, and execution by validating the business requirements.
- Analyze and plan test requirements and associated QA activities, including documentation and execution.
- Be proactive in identifying risks and present to the team for discussion.
- Maintain a single repository of requirements and test cases and develop and execute manual and automated test scripts.
- Maintain and document process diagrams for complicated system flows.
- Be agile to work on ad hoc test activities within a short span of time.
Required Qualifications: IV&V Analyst Role
Candidates applying for the role of consultant – IV&V analyst should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Testing and analysis experience, with a strong understanding of software development life cycle processes, along with experience in test documentation, including test plans, test cases, requirements traceability matrices (RTMs), test tracking tools, and execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with or willingness to work on a collaborative, cross-functional team.
Preferred/Desired Qualifications: IV&V Analyst Role
It would be helpful for candidates applying for the consultant – IV&V analyst role to have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Experience with tools such as application lifecycle management and Quick Test Professional.
- Experience in the healthcare industry and knowledge in various healthcare domains.
- Experience in creating/designing test artifacts and an open mind to learn with great enthusiasm.
- Ability to work as part of a team and help support other team members within your capacity.
Education and Experience: IV&V Analyst Role
For the consultant – IV&V analyst role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree and one year of QA experience — with hands-on testing experience.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience may be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact HR-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform this job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.