NYSTEC has a job opening for billing coordinator. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
Location: Rome, NY
Salary: $52301 – $71915 Per Year
NYSTEC is a nonprofit technology consulting company, advising agencies, organizations, institutions, and businesses since 1996. We’re independent and vendor-neutral, so we have our clients’ best interests at heart. At NYSTEC, we know that we succeed when individuals and teams flourish personally and professionally, so our benefits and perks support that mindset. Are you ready to contribute to our engaged workforce and to deliver the NYSTEC Experience?
About the Billing Coordinator Role
The billing coordinator is responsible for all activities regarding the billing process. Under the direction of the controller, the billing coordinator will work closely with the senior project accountant to ensure that NYSTEC clients receive quality, timely deliverables, including but not limited to invoices and other supporting documentation.
Key Responsibilities: Billing Coordinator
Overall, in the role of billing coordinator, you will:
- Partners with project managers to ensure that project billing is accurate, including revenue, receivables, billable hours, nonbillable hours, contract ceiling, and end dates.
- Coordinates client inquiries with project manager.
- Creates and verifies invoices, supporting documents, and reports for clients.
- Manages invoice review/approval statuses.
- Resolves discrepancies between invoicing and revenue.
- Coordinates and prepares invoice corrections with project managers.
- Attends project kickoff meetings to understand billing requirements.
- Participates in month- and year-end close analyses and activities.
- Collaborates with the other Finance Department employees to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Documents and updates all procedures required in areas of responsibility.
- Supports the year-end audit.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Assists in training new and existing staff as needed.
- Supports the controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Performs essential routine duties in the Finance Department to backfill for vacations and illnesses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must exercise high degree of confidentiality.
Required Qualifications: Billing Coordinator
Candidates applying for the role of billing coordinator should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to escalate issues to manager as needed to ensure that projects are completed timely.
- Highly responsive to internal and external customers, with an ability to work well with and support internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Detail oriented and a high level of accuracy.
- Computer proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with billing/invoicing, with a thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed, and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Knowledge of the project structure in a client/consultant business environment.
Education and Experience: Billing Coordinator
For the billing coordinator role, candidates should have the following education/experience:
- A high school diploma and five years relevant experience for a medium-sized organization. An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
An equivalent combination of advanced education, training, and experience will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is NYSTEC’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all individuals, regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, military service and veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws and ordinances. NYSTEC is strongly committed to this policy and believes in the concept and spirit of the law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact Talent_Management-Confidential@nystec.com if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Learn More about NYSTEC
Interested in NYSTEC’s culture and values? Find out what it’s like to be a NYSTECer.
If you’re an effective communicator who enjoys working in complex and collaborative environments, using your critical thinking and research skills to develop solutions for clients, and providing support to customers, we want to hear from you.
Do work that matters.